Wednesday, December 14, 2016

What, Where and How to Study for the LPPEH Exam for REA?

Q.
Would really appreciate if you can advise the notes, books etc study materials which I need to be studying in order to sit for the exam. Is the questions standard? Or is it very wide? I tried to access some of the links in your blog but it failed. Would really appreciate if you can help.

Hope to hear from you soon.

A.
The Written Exam for Estate Agent License, which is held yearly during the 1st week of August, is in fact a Diploma.

Entry requirement is SPM with 3 Credits, one of which has to be Mathematics, Science, Commerce or Accounts.

If you are from UEC route (Chinese Independent School), it is accepted as equivalent.

And, if you have neither but you have a tertiary qualification, you can just submit your application for enrollment as usually it will be accepted.

The method of study is examination based. All in 3 hours or 2 hours depending on the subjects. The depth of syllabus somewhat varies from subject to subject. There are subjects like Building Technology, Economics and Accounting, where the topics are standard and rather limited - hence questions are repeated. However, there are also subjects like Law, Marketing or Taxation where the topics can be rather wide.

You can read about more details on this exam in my blog here.

http://justletak.blogspot.my/p/how-to-become-registered-estate-agent.html

There are various ways to study for this qualification. The conventional way is to sign up with a college which offers this program - Diploma in Estate Agency or Diploma in Real Estate Management, for example. Next, is like what I am doing, I have done self study on this exam from its past years. What it means is I go back to a numbers of years of past year questions and work back to the syllabus. I somewhat found out that there are repeated topics and it would be a good strategy to study this pattern to pass the examination.

Or you can sign up with some exempted programmes which is fully recognized by LPPEH (Lembaga Penilai, Penaksir dan Ejen Harta Tanah) or in English "Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents" - BoVAEA. You can check with LPPEH at its website lppeh.gov.my for these programmes.
The blogs I have developed are my-realproperty1.blogspot.com and my-realproperty2.blogspot.com both of which consist of past year questions with my answers. These two blogs are for readers who agreed to join our group, and not for public.

However, the 6 years past year questions are for public viewing at my-realestateforum.blogspot.com. You can take a look there.

If you are serious about this exam, please go to the sign up page below:

http://justletak.blogspot.my/p/to-sign-up.html

About reading list, you can check out the link below.

http://justletak.blogspot.my/p/reading-list.html

However, the Board has a reading list which is very broad. I would recommend that you do NOT go there to source for the books (cost and affordability aside). This is because the examination has evolved from its original form many years ago (2005), and in recent years it also underwent some changes with the new committee within the Lembaga.

Hope the information here can be of some help to you.

No comments:

Search This Blog

How do you find my articles?